Condé Nast (through Vogue Taiwan), CC BY 3.0<https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons (cropped)
Pregnancy can be an exciting time in a woman's life, but it can also come with its own set of challenges as the body undergoes a lot of changes that can affect one's appearance. If you are pregnant and want to maintain your beauty routine, we have a treat for you!
Superstar Rihanna, who has been praised for her flawless pregnancy looks, has some makeup tips that can help expectant moms look and feel their best. In this blog post, we will share Rihanna's go-to tips that will make every mom confident and beautiful during this special time.
The first step to looking your best is to have healthy, hydrated skin. Pregnancy can lead to dry and itchy skin due to hormonal changes. To avoid this, moisturize your skin daily with a good quality moisturizer.
Here are the steps that you can follow:
- Apply the moisturizer to your skin after you shower. This is the perfect time to apply your moisturizer, as your skin will be clean and free of dirt or debris.
- Use gentle, circular motions when applying the moisturizer. This will help evenly distribute the product over your skin and prevent irritation. Make sure you take the time to massage the moisturizer into your skin, as this will help improve circulation and promote healthy skin cell growth.
- Allow the moisturizer to absorb into your skin before getting dressed. Once you have applied the moisturizer to your skin, allow it to soak for a few minutes before getting dressed. This will help ensure the product has had time to fully sink in and work its magic!
- Repeat this process every day for the best results. For best results, it is essential to repeat this process every day. This will help keep your skin hydrated and looking its best throughout your pregnancy!
Light Weight Foundation
Rihanna recommends using a lightweight foundation that won't feel heavy on your skin. During pregnancy, the skin can become oily, and a heavy foundation can clog pores and cause breakouts.
Here are a few potential benefits of using a lightweight foundation
- Lightweight foundations are typically less heavy and provide a more breathable feel on the skin. They may be less likely to aggravate skin concerns, making them more comfortable to wear throughout the day.
- Minimal Ingredients. Opting for a lightweight foundation with fewer additives can reduce the likelihood of exposing yourself to unnecessary chemicals.
- Natural Appearance. Lightweight foundations often provide a more natural, sheer coverage, allowing your skin to shine through. This can be desirable during pregnancy when your skin might have a healthy glow or when you simply prefer a more natural look.
- Lightweight foundations are generally easier and quicker to apply, making them more suitable for those looking for a simplified makeup routine.
All Natural Blush
Adding a pop of color to your cheeks can make you look refreshed and energized. Choose an all-natural blush that does not contain artificial dyes or synthetic ingredients. Look for a brand that uses natural pigments from fruits, vegetables, or minerals. Consider blush in shades of pink, peach, or rose, giving your cheeks a fresh and healthy glow.
During pregnancy, your lips can become dry and chapped, making you uncomfortable. A high-quality lip gloss will help keep your lips moisturized and soft. Lip gloss is a great way to add a touch of color and shine to your lips without looking too made-up.
Adjustable Hollywood Makeup Mirror
A high-quality makeup mirror can make all the difference in achieving a flawless look. If you're pregnant and struggling with makeup application, consider investing in a makeup mirror to elevate your beauty routine and again feel confident and beautiful.
Here are a few ways a makeup mirror can be beneficial:
- Pregnant women who often feel tired or nauseous can benefit from the improved lighting as it reduces eye strain and helps them apply makeup efficiently, improving the outcome.
- Magnification: This is particularly helpful for pregnant women who may struggle with seeing their face up close or have puffy eyes that need extra attention.
- Comfortable Positioning: Having a makeup mirror with an adjustable stand or one that can be placed at an ideal height allows you to position it to minimize strain on your body.
In addition, Here are a few more things to keep in mind when doing your makeup during pregnancy:
- Use fragrance-free products.Fragrances can irritate some pregnant women's skin, so it's best to use fragrance-free products whenever possible.
- Avoid products with retinol or salicylic acid.These ingredients can be harmful to the developing fetus, so it's best to avoid them during pregnancy.
- Be gentle with your skin.Your skin is more sensitive during pregnancy, so be gentle when washing, exfoliating, and applying makeup.
Being pregnant does not mean you have to forego makeup entirely.
With these tips in mind, you'll be able to look your best during pregnancy without sacrificing your health or comfort.
So go forth and glow, mama!