Author: Olivier Chareyre This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license. Jennifer Lopez in concert at Paris Bercy in the "Dance Again World Tour" in October 2012.e
Jennifer Lopez is known for her flawless, airbrushed makeup look. Her makeup artist, Mary Phillips, has created a signature look for JLo that is all about creating a natural, yet glamorous appearance.
In this blog post, we will show you how to recreate Jennifer Lopez's airbrushed glam makeup look. We will provide you with a step-by-step guide, as well as product recommendations.
Step 1: Prepare your skin
The first step to creating Jennifer Lopez's airbrushed glam makeup look is to prepare your skin. Start by cleansing your face with a gentle cleanser. Then, apply a moisturizer that is appropriate for your skin type.
Once your skin is clean and moisturized, you can apply a primer. A primer will help to create a smooth, even canvas for your makeup.
Step 2: Foundation
The next step is to apply foundation. Jennifer Lopez's makeup artist uses a lightweight foundation that gives her skin a natural, dewy finish.
If you have oily skin, you may want to use a foundation that has oil-control properties. If you have dry skin, you may want to use a foundation that has moisturizing properties.
Step 3: Concealer
Once you have applied your foundation, you can apply concealer to any areas of your face that need a little extra coverage. Jennifer Lopez's makeup artist uses a concealer that is one shade lighter than her foundation.
Step 4: Bronzer
The next step is to add some bronzer to your face. Bronzer will help to sculpt your features and give your skin a sun-kissed glow.
Jennifer Lopez's makeup artist uses a bronzer that is one shade darker than her foundation. She applies the bronzer to the hollows of her cheeks, the bridge of her nose, and her temples.
Step 5: Blush
Once you have applied your bronzer, you can add some blush to your cheeks. Blush will help to add some color and dimension to your face.
Jennifer Lopez's makeup artist uses a blush that is a rosy pink color. She applies the blush to the apples of her cheeks and blends it upwards.
Step 6: Eyeshadow
The next step is to apply eyeshadow. Jennifer Lopez's makeup artist uses a neutral eyeshadow palette to create a simple, yet elegant eye look.
She starts by applying a light, shimmery eyeshadow to the entire lid. Then, she applies a darker, matte eyeshadow to the crease of her eye. She finishes off the look by applying a coat of mascara to her lashes.
Step 7: Eyeliner
Jennifer Lopez's makeup artist does not typically use eyeliner. However, if you want to add some definition to your eyes, you can use a liquid or pencil eyeliner.
Step 8: Lipstick
The most crucial step is to apply lipstick. Jennifer Lopez's makeup artist typically uses a nude lipstick to complete her look. However, you can use any color lipstick that you like.
Step 9: Use a Hollywood Mirror to Perfect Your Look
Once you have applied all of your makeup, take a step back and look at yourself in a lighted Hollywood Mirror. This will help you to see any areas that need to be blended or corrected. You can also use the mirror to make sure that your makeup is evenly applied.
If you are happy with your look, you can apply a setting spray to help your makeup last all day long
With a little practice, you can achieve Jennifer Lopez's airbrushed glam makeup look in no time! Here are some noteworthy steps:
- Start with a clean, moisturized face.
- Apply a primer to create a smooth base for your makeup.
- Apply foundation in a light, even layer.
- Conceal any blemishes or dark circles.
- Set your foundation with powder.
- Apply bronzer to add dimension to your face.
- Highlight your cheekbones, brow bones, and Cupid's bow.
- Apply blush to add a touch of color to your cheeks.
- Apply eye shadow in a smoky, dramatic style.
- Line your eyes with eyeliner and mascara.
- Apply lipstick in a bold, glamorous color.
- Finish with a touch of setting spray to keep your makeup in place all day long.
Here are some additional tips for getting the perfect airbrushed glam makeup look:
- Use a good quality lighted Hollywood mirror. This will help you see every detail of your face and apply your makeup evenly.
- Use a light touch when applying makeup. It's better to start with a light layer and build up as needed, rather than applying too much makeup and having to start over.
- Blend, blend, blend! This is the key to a flawless makeup application. Take your time and blend each layer of makeup until it is completely blended in.
- Don't forget to set your makeup with powder. This will help to keep your makeup in place all day long.
With these tips, you'll be on your way to looking like J.Lo in no time!